Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My new Favorite Thing: Thrive

You may recall my desperate attempts at finding powdered eggs while attempting the WWII Ration diet. My search for powdered eggs quickly launched me into several “survivalist” & “preppers” websites. At the time, I didn’t think much of it. But after further research, being prepared and food storage was an avenue I had been looking for without even knowing!! After all, I am a BIG fan of homesteading, self sufficiency, going off grid, ect. I wanted some security and convenience to our food. I want a modern-day Victory Garden, Yes, and a small flock of poultry, a calf, and a few goats. But in unpredictable Texas weather, you need a food & survival “insurance policy”. Some of my friends thought I was crazy. Others thought it Typical Tawny.


One BIG selling point to our home is the large walk in pantry. I adore it. As you know I always love buying in bulk. I love to walk into a well-organized fully stocked pantry. It is like having the grocery store right next to your kitchen. I like to plan & prepare meals, I despise last minute trips to the grocery store!! Without a well planned list, my grocery budget is attacked and seems to never recover. 

For about a week after my “once-a-month” grocery trips, we would eat all the yummy fresh produce I had purchased. We wanted to gobble it all up, because, it spoils, after all. Then for 3 weeks we were back to canned goods, frozen foods, and whatever was left in my pantry.

This system just wasnt working. We needed to find a way to 1. Keep the pantry stocked. & 2. Make the fresh produce last longer.

Then like magic THRIVE!!



Well, not magic. But you get the picture. A friend of mine recommended the blog of one of her friends. She said this blogger was very crazy & like minded to me. And, My neighbor!! So, I clicked link to her blog, and WOW! I knew this neighbor would quickly become my friend. We just had too much in common!!

She was a consultant for a new company called Shelf Reliance/Thrive. It was the thing I had been looking for!!! A food rotation system. A Q to help you create a “Home Store”. Best of all: Freeze Dried Produce!!!

Finally! A way to meet my needs!! And a way to feed my family healthy, fresh, produce! With out all the waste!! Produce that would last all month (and then some!!)!

Then I got worried. What if this freeze dried stuff taste terrible??? Today, while visiting with my new friend, I had a chance to try and taste many of the products. I even brought some fruit and eggs home for the Mr to try! I must say, terrible this food is NOT!! I am absolutely addicted to the yummy raspberries! The tasty pineapples!! The flavorful Strawberries!! And the yogurt bites! SO TASTY! And best of all: A tasty, easy, healthy snack!! I can not say enough about how excited I am about these products!!

If you have never tried freeze dried foods, or have been less than happy with them, PLEASE try these products. They will have you hooked!

I’m so excited, I signed up as a consultant!! I'm the newest member of the Shelf Reliance Team!!

Check out my online store.


~Tawny~

1 comment:

  1. hey tawny i love you and your thrive food sooooooooo much

    ReplyDelete